The Life Bureau are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Therefore we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect
We will collect the following information:
- Your name and date of birth
- Your email address and telephone number
- Your postcode
- Your smoking history
Information Sharing and Disclosure
If you have completed an application your information will be passed to insurance providers who may be willing to provide you with cover.
They may use the information you have provided to:
- Process the application you have made.
- To write to you in the future with a view to offering you products we feel may be of interest to you.
- To pass to third parties who provide relevant products and services that we think might be of interest to you so that they can also provide you with information about the products and services they provide.
- To permit access to regulatory bodies to ensure that we are processing information correctly and complying with regulatory requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type using a cookie file that is stored in the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service to you. They enable us to:
- Personalise your experience on our website, speed up your searches and help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you.
- Monitor general traffic patterns and usage of our Website to help us to improve our Website design and layout.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually, you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our Website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or if you do not wish to receive on-going contact from us or our associates please contact us.